ViewCompanion Pro® is a very powerful application for viewing, printing and converting plotter files (HPGL, HPGL/2, HP-RTL, Calcomp), AutoDesk DWF, CGM, TIFF, CALS and other formats.
Please see bottom of page for a complete list of supported input formats.
Conversion is one of the most important features in ViewCompanion and it can convert to the following formats:
CALS Group 4 Raster
Computer Graphics Metafile
Paintbrush PCX (PCX)
Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
Windows Bitmap (BMP)
Windows Metafile (EMF & WMF)
No extra applications or drivers are needed for conversion to the different formats.
More details about the conversion formats can be found here.
If you need to distribute drawings on the Internet, you can convert your drawings to Autodesk Drawing Web Format (DWF), Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) or Adobe PDF.
All these formats are very popular for distributing drawings.
ViewCompanion can convert multiple files of different formats to a single multi-page PDF file.
You can also use ViewCompanion to convert HPGL/2, CGM and DWF files to AutoDesk DXF format which you can read in any major CAD application, e.g.: Autodesk AutoCAD or Microstation.
Both batch conversion and printing is available.
ViewCompanion gives you advanced functions for zooming and panning,
so that you can view your files fast and accurate, before printing or converting them.
The mouse wheel can be used for zooming and panning operations.
With ViewCompanion Pro you can add markups to the loaded file. Supported markup elements include rectangles, lines, dimension lines, area measurements, ellipses, polygons, text, arrows, stamps and images.
You can select one of the predefined stamps or create your own. User defined symbol libraries makes it easy to add frequently used symbols as markups.
Hyper links can be added to markup elements, and a hyper link can either open another drawing in ViewCompanion, or open an Internet location using the default browser.
All markup elements are stored in a separate file. The original file will be left unchanged.
The markup elements can optionally be included when the viewed file is printed or converted.
The markup elements can be exported to a DXF file.
You can use ViewCompanion Pro to add markups/comments to your drawings.
All new licenses include 12-months of free software maintenance.
- View, markup, convert and print files of different formats.
- Conversion to other standard formats, see below for a list of supported formats.
- Extensive set of command line parameters for conversion and printing.
- Batch Printing and conversion.
- Open files directly from a ZIP archive.
- Drag and Drop supported. Both single and multiple files.
- Rotate loaded files in steps of 90 degrees.
- Load rotated with user-defined rotation.
- Add footer/header containing date, scale, time and filename when printing.
- Add watermark using text or a raster image.
- Color or Black & White Printing.
- Scaled print or fit to paper.
- Poster mode for printing big format drawings on multiple sheets, e.g. print an A0 drawing in full size using multiple A4 sheets.
- Print Preview.
- Print to all Windows supported plotter and printer devices.
- Overlay up to 10 files and print as one drawing.
- Markup by using lines, text, rectangles, ellipses, images, polygons, arrows, stamps, dimension lines and measurement areas.
- Truetype fonts used for markup text entities.
- Include markups during printing and conversion.
- Create password protected DWF and PDF files.
- Compare two plotter files.
- Individual Pen visibility control.
- Define user Pen Table full control of colors, styles and widths. Also supported for batch printing and conversion.
- Entity information query.
- Distance measurement with entity snap.
- Polygonal area measurements with entity snap.
- Supports Metric and Imperial coordinates.
- DDE Interface for easy integration with other programs.
- Send a file directly to another person using E-Mail from within the program. If a markup file exists, it will also be attached to the message.
- Copy selected region to clipboard, and paste into another Windows application.
- Text search and extract.
- Store commonly used files in projects.
- Easy to use installation and uninstallation software.
- Customizable GUI.
- Multiple Document Interface (MDI) makes it easy to view several files at once.
- Microsoft IntelliMouse supported for zooming and panning operations.
- Full screen mode.
- Supports multi-page HPGL/2 files.
- Supports multi-page TIFF files.
- Supports HP-RTL files (HPGL with raster data).
ViewCompanion Supported Formats
Open (View, print, markup and convert)
- HPGL and HPGL/2.
- HP-RTL (Raster Transfer Language).
- CALS type 1.
- CALS type 2.
- Calcomp Plotter Format.
- AutoDesk DWF and DWFx 2D.
- Computer Graphics Metafile (CGM) Binary (Profiles: ATA, CALS, WEBCGM and CGM*PIP).
- Portable Network Graphics (PNG).
- Structured Fax Format (SFF). Multi page.
- TIFF (uncompressed, packbits, LZW, CCITT G3 and G4). Multi page.
- Windows Bitmap (BMP).
All loaded files can be converted to
the following formats:
- Adobe PDF, multi page
- Adobe PDF/A, multi page
- AutoDesk DWF, multi page
- CALS CCITT Group 4 Raster (Type 1)
- HPGL-2 - HP RTL
- GIF Graphics
- JPEG Graphics
- Paintbrush PCX
- Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
- TIFF Raster (CCITT-G3, CCITT-G4, LZW, and Packbits compression), multi page
- Windows Bitmap
- Windows Enhanced Metafile
- Windows Metafile
If the loaded file is a PLT, HPGL/2, CGM or DWF file
you can also convert to the following formats:
- AutoDesk DXF
- Gerber RS-274X
- Computer Graphics Metafile (CGM Binary)
- Adobe Postscript®
- Scalable Vector Graphics
The Multi page note means that a HPGL, SFF or TIFF file with multiple pages, can be converted to a multi page file of the specific format.
- Windows XP (SP3), 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows Vista, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 8, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 8.1, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012
- Supports Terminal Server and Citrix.
© Software Companions, Norway E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org